|The very delicious and very easy-to-make Very Cherry Bar|
Very Cherry Bar
Adapted from: Enlightened Cooking, 2008
1/2 c whole dates, roughly chopped
1/2 c unsweetened dried cherries
1/2 c whole walnuts
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Set out four pieces of plastic wrap that will be used later for wrapping the bars. It's easier to do this before your hands get sticky.
2. Combine the dates and dried cherries in a food processor. Process until it turns into a paste. It will eventually take the shape of a ball as you process it. Remove the date-cherry mixture to a medium bowl.
|The date and dried cherry paste|
3. Place the walnuts into the food processor and process until finely chopped (not into a flour).
|The chopped walnuts|
4. When finished, add the walnuts and cinnamon to the date-cherry mixture. Using your fingers/hands, combine the nuts with the date-cherry mixture. Divide the mixture into four equal parts. Form each part into a small brick or bar. If you want to make them smaller for mini-bars, then divide the mixture into eight equal parts and go for it!
5. Place each bar onto the plastic wrap and wrap tightly. Then place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes or so before enjoying.
|The finished product!|
Calories: 208 Carbohydrate: 31 g Protein: 3 g Fat: 10 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Fiber: 4 g Sugar: 25 g Sodium: 0.75 mg
Excellent source of: omega-3 fatty acids
Good source of: vitamin B6 and magnesium